Thursday, January 6, 2011

Zemma's 3rd Birthday


On December 29 we were able to celebrate Zemma's birthday - a first for us, even though she turned three... We are so blessed by her presence in our family. She makes us laugh often and is a constant reminder of God's faithfulness to us.
I have thought often about where we were last year - waiting, without her. I can remember the feelings of incompleteness- as if something or someone were missing - especially during the holiday season. I would wish and dream of a sibling for Maddie - someone to share in the excitement and fun with. I would long for the craziness and volume of a big family - kids yelling and even fighting! And, I would pray for that child, who I knew was somewhere out there even though it felt as if we would never meet.
Now, here we are this year and I can look back and realize how much God cares about the details of our lives! This Christmas did feel complete. Maddie and Zemma now have each other and I so enjoy watching their relationship grow. Yes, there is fighting, and yes Zemma is sometimes louder than more than a few children combined :) And best of all, we were able to hold our baby as we celebrated her birth, and the birth of our Savior.
We were abundantly blessed in 2010!

No comments:

blogging friends

About Me

My photo
Luke and I met while in school at SBU. We have one beautiful daughter Maddie, who is 5. Currently we are beginning the process of adopting a child, or children from Ethiopia. The Lord has blessed our family in so many ways and we are forever thankful.