Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fall and Other Happenings

I am the world's worst mother when it comes to picture taking. However, every fall I try to get at least a few to watch how Maddie has changed over the year. Here are my 5 pictures from 2009! :)



Many people have asked what exactly the ticker at the top of our blog means. Our agency has told us that our wait for referral (match with our children) will be anywhere from 12-15 months from the time we turned in all of our paperwork. Our dossier arrived in Ethiopia on July 31, so that is when I am considering our wait as beginning. The ticker just tells us how long we have been waiting so far. From this point it could be anywhere from 9-12 months longer (or shorter, if the Lord wills! And believe me, I am asking that He will!) So, in other words from here on out - we just wait...Its kinda cool (and also scary) to know though that most likely one or both of our babies are already born. We pray for them daily, and ask that you would join with us in doing so. We are praying that the Lord would protect their little hearts as they might very soon have to endure the loss of someone that they love very much. We are praying that the Lord would prepare them for the transition of entering our family - and also that He would prepare us. We can't wait to meet them, hold them, love them!
I am finally at the end stages of compiling my cookbook for our fundraiser. Thank you to everyone who sent me recipies! The plan is to have them ready for Christmas sales. Stay tuned as I will inform you all when they are ready!










3 comments:

brittany said...

I am so glad to see you blogging again! I was just praying for you guys and your babies the other day. Silas already has several friends from Ethiopia so we're excited for you! Maddie is just adorable. Love the pics!

carol prosser said...

Maddie is so beautiful! More importantly she has a beautiful heart that is sensitive to spiritual things! We are so grateful for you all! We are praying every day too. What a comfort to know that the Lord knows our Ethiopian children by name and has even numbered the hairs on their heads! He knows when "gotcha day" will be and will prepare all of us for that day. We love you! Thanks for sharing these beautiful pics!
Also...you ARE a good writer!
Love you all!

The Peppers said...

Ok so I used to cry every time I read Anna's blog (and still do) and now every time I read your's!!! We are praying for you while you wait!! Maddie is precious!

blogging friends

About Me

My photo
Luke and I met while in school at SBU. We have one beautiful daughter Maddie, who is 5. Currently we are beginning the process of adopting a child, or children from Ethiopia. The Lord has blessed our family in so many ways and we are forever thankful.